Sunday, November 18, 2012

Blog Post 12

My Blog Assignment

It took me awhile to find the perfect assignment to do for this project. I thought of many different ideas. After all my thinking, I feel as though I came up with the perfect one. This assignment will help students view technology from all different aspects and realize that it can be useful in all different ways. I also want students to choose their own articles and videos and be able to go out and explore the internet, not just have to watch a certain ones. I want them to pick the one that makes them learn the most and has an impact on them.
The first task is to find a video on helpful tools to keep active and discusses exercise. After you have found this video, you need to provide a link to it and write a paragraph summarizing the video. You need to talk about what the video discusses and how it impacts you. Also, talk about how it teaches you how helpful technology can be. Make sure you follow the instructions in Writing a Quality Blog Post.

The next task is to find a website that you think would be most beneficial to you as a human being. This website can be about anything like school, eating habits, hobbies, etc. I think this task will help you realize that exploring the web can also be great for personal reasons and not just to look up information or get on gaming sites. I think you should take this task seriously and use it to your advantage. Also, write a one paragraph summary on the website and do not forget to provide a link so I can view it.

The last task is to find the best educational website or video that you think would help you most as an educator. You need to use this task and take the time to really explore different sites and find the perfect one that provides you with helpful tools that will help you in the classroom. Think about your students and what might they be interested in and see whether these tools will get them involved and wanting to learn more. Also, write a one paragraph summary on the source and provide a link so I can view it. Follow the instructions in Writing a Quality Blog Post

Last, talk about what you think is the purpose of this assignment and why you think I assigned it to you.

Me achieving the assignment!

The First Task
I choose the video, 5 minute cardio workout, I thought this video was perfect because it was not too much but it got you off the couch and moving your muscles. In the video, the lady shows you five different exercises and you repeat them three times for a minute each. She also tells you to repeat the workout throughout the week. I thought this video was useful because it showed you that technology and your PLN can be used in so many different ways. Not only can you learn all different kinds of knowledge from the web, you can also learn to use it in ways that can help your body and keep you active. It is interesting to realize that many people say technology makes people inactive, but it can also make you active and give you workout videos.

The Second Task
I choose the website helpguide.org, I choose this one because I have problems with eating healthy. I wanted to use the internet to learn different diet ideas and how to eat healthier. This website showed me different tools to start a healthy diet. This site talked about not cutting down right away and gradually making yourself cut down little at a time. It also talked about smaller portions instead of just cutting meals or eating different foods. I am allergic to a lot of different foods and this website gave me different options with the correct food choices. It gave great advice and helped me with something I struggle in which is my eating habits. This website mad me realize that you can find almost anything on the web and you just have to understand that it is useful if you use it the right way. It is very neat to see how the internet allows you do view so many helpful sites and you can find the perfect one for you.

The Third Task
I found an exceptional education site; Interactive site for Education, this site allows you to work through your smart board or white board in your classroom. It is designed to get the kids and students interacted in learning. It has all different kinds of subjects, including holidays and typing activities. For example, it has an English/Art button, when you press on the button different activities pop up like your ABCs. These buttons allow you to work with any tools. The teacher can use these tools to play games or even get the students to come up and work the smart boards themselves. I feel as though students will enjoy this site because it will help them understand that learning and teaching is enjoyable. I really enjoyed going out and looking for websites that will help me interact my students in the methods I am trying to teach them. I have already saved this site as a favorite and look forward to using it one day.

Last, I believe the purpose of this assignment was to understand that the internet is a helpful tool and it can not only help you in the classroom but also at home. I feel as though it is important to show students that technology does not make you lazy, it can help you exercise not only your body but your mind. This assignment was great because it showed me that if you use technology in the right way then you will be amazed at the possibilities it has for students and everyone.

This laptop illustrates that technology can be used anywhere and for everything

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary,

    Great job on this assignment! I think this is a great way to get students to understand how helpful the internet can be other than shopping and surfing. These websites seem to be great resources for students!

    Good job!

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete